Tomato Chutney with MonSalwa Aalo Paratha
This is another simple recipe that is perfect for summers. Double the recipe and keep it in the fridge so that you can have it whenever you want a snack or a light lunch/dinner. Just fry some MonSalwa Paratha’s, and make a quick raita on the side (the Loki ka Raita is a great idea) and serve with refreshing Keri ka Panna/Sherbat.
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- ½ kg Tomato (5 to 6 tomatoes), chopped
- ½-1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon red Chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 3 to 4 Green Chili, stems removed
- ½ cup Fresh coriander
- MonSalwa Aalo Paratha
- Heat oil, and add onions. Fry while stirring constantly until light golden.
- Add tomatoes and spices (salt & red chilli pepper). Turn heat to low, and cook while stirring every few minutes until oil separates.
- Add green chili’s and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve slightly warm or room temperature.
- Remove a packet of Monsalwa Aalo Parathas from the freezer, no need to defrost the Paratha as this may make the dough sticky.
- Peel the plastic layer from the Monsalwa Aalo Paratha and place on a pre-heated pan. Pan-fry 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Press the Paratha gently and turn it over. Pan fry for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes again, until both sides are golden brown.
- The delicious Monsalwa Aalo Paratha is ready to be served with Tomato Chutney