MonSalwa Chicken Seekh Kebab Roll
The kebab roll is a classic Karachi street food and we would love to have it regularly. Unfortunately hygiene concerns and the quality of ingredients makes us think multiple times before buying this delicious.
However, with the convenience of MonSalwa ready to eat Chicken Seekh Kebab rolls this oh so satisfying snack can be made at any time of the day. The crisp paratha stuffed to the brim with a mouth-watering seekh kebab, lots of onions and spicy green chutney will be sure to tempt everyone in the family.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 lemon or ¼ cup tamarind pulp
- ½ bunch coriander leaves
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 6 – 10 green chilis (depending on spice preference)
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup thick yoghurt (strain plain yoghurt for a few minutes in a muslin cloth so water drains)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 MonSalwa Chicken Seekh Kebab
- 6 MonSalwa Parathas
- Wash the sliced onions well with water and drain. Keep in bowl, and add vinegar and leave to pickle for at least half an hour.
- Make green chutney by blending together coriander, mint leaves, green chilis with lemon & water as required. Be careful when adding water so that the chutney doesn’t get too liquid. Taste and adjust chili and seasoning if required.
- Whisk yoghurt, and add salt & minced garlic.
- Prepare MonSalwa Chicken Seekh Kebab rolls by either putting them in microwave for a minute. Otherwise keep frozen Chicken Seekh Kabab on fry pan or hot plate on medium heat and heat for two minutes turn occasionally.
- Remove a packet of Monsalwa Plain Parathas from the freezer, no need to defrost the Paratha as this may make the dough sticky. Peel one side of the plastic layer from the Monsalwa Plain Paratha
and place the uncovered side on a pre-heated pan. Remove the second piece of plastic layer and pan-fry 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Press the Paratha gently and turn it over. Pan fry for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes again, until both sides are golden brown.
- For making kabab roll, put MonSalwa Chicken Seekh Kebab in middle of paratha. Put onion rings, coriander chutney and a bit of yoghurt. Roll it up and eat with more chutney.