MonSalwa Chicken Fries Rolls
This recipe is just the thing when you have guests of varying ages over. Just get some store-bought pita bread or MonSalwa paratha’s and deep fry MonSalwa Chicken fries. The rest of the condiments are pretty much based on what your guests prefer. The kids and teenagers will add on the mayonnaise and ketchup, whereas the adults will love the tart taste of the pickled vegetables and the crisp lettuce.
Serving: 4 people
Prep Time: 30 minutes; Pickling vegetables will take 24 hours
- 4 tablespoon Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 6 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 12-14 MonSalwa Chicken Fries
- 4 Pita Bread or MonSalwa Paratha’s
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch lettuce leaves, torn
- Pickled vegetables (make your own by soaking sliced onions, beetroots, cucumbers in vinegar & salt for 24 hours)
- Sliced Jalapeno’s
- Black and/or green olives
- Chilli Garlic sauce or Ketchup
- Mustard (if preferred)
- Butter Paper (for rolling)
- Make sauce by combining chili garlic sauce, mayonnaise & vinegar. Set aside.
- Deep fry frozen MonSalwa Chicken fries in hot oil on medium heat (170 – 180 C) for 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes or till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- To assemble rolls
- Take a square piece of butter paper, and place a pita bread on it. The butter paper square needs to be larger than the pita bread so that it can be rolled up.
- Spread sauce on the pita bread, and then put lettuce.
- Put MonSalwa Chicken fries in the middle, and add the rest of your preferred toppings – pickled vegetables, olives, jalapeno’s and/or tomatoes.
- Top with your preferred condiments – chili garlic sauce, ketchup, mustard or mayo.
- Serve rolled in butter paper with ketchup on the side.