Manchurian with MonSalwa Chicken Nuggets
Indo-Chinese or Desi Chinese as it is locally food is a staple of our diets – we love having it outside and we love making it at home, and the spicier the better. This here is a quick recipe for Manchurian – make some steamed rice and fry MonSalwa Chicken Nuggets. In the meanwhile just prepare the spicy & tangy Manchurian sauce, add the chicken pieces and voila dinner is ready.
- 195g MonSalwa Chicken Nuggets (about 15 pieces)
- 1 ½ cups of rice, boiled
- 3 tablespoon oil (plus more for frying)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ inch ginger piece, sliced or ginger paste
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 green chills, seeds removed and sliced
- ½ capsicum, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon corn flour mixed with water to form a light paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onions, for garnish
- Deep fry frozen Chicken Nuggets in hot oil on medium heat (170 – 180 C) for 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes or till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add fresh ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute till garlic is light golden.
- Add onions, green chilis and capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, black peper, ketchup, chili garlic, salt and sugar and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Turn the heat to simmer, and add the cornflour paste a little bit at a time. The sauce will immediately start to thicken and once it is at the desired consistency add the MonSalwa Chicken Nuggets.
- Let the Manchurian cook for two minutes so that the chicken is coated with the sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- Pour Manchurian in a dish and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve with boiled rice or egg fried rice.