Butter Chicken with MonSalwa Chicken Tikka Boti
Butter Chicken or Murgh Makhani is a classic Indian dish – it’s one of those indulgent dishes that is reserved for special occasions. The process to make is usually time consuming since the chicken needs to be grilled separately and then added in the creamy sauce. However, with MonSalwa ready to cook Chicken Tikka Boti all you need to do is prepare the gravy and delicious butter chicken is ready to serve. Served with boiled rice or fresh naan’s from the tandoor.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 small onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika (1/2 teaspoon red chili powder can be substituted)
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped (Blog Post – How to peel tomatoes)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter, divided (1 tablespoon for cooking, and rest for garnish)
- MonSalwa Chicken Tikka Boti
- Chopped coriander, to garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in a medium pot. Add chopped onions and slowly cook until light golden about 10 minutes. Make sure they don’t brown.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in garam masala, paprika or chili powder, cinnamon stick and salt; cook 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low and cook for about 10-15 minutes till tomatoes are softened.
- Slowly add cream in the tomatoes mixture. The mixture might look curdled but just let it cook for a bit and it will turn creamy. Turn off the heat and puree the tomato mixture using an immersion blender. Alternatively let the mixture cool down for 10 minutes and then blend it in a blender.
- Return sauce to pot and put on low heat. Add MonSalwa Chicken Tikka Boti and let it remain on low heat till the chicken is warmed through.
- Pour butter chicken in dish, add a tablespoon of butter on top, and sprinkle with chopped coriander for garnish.